How to protect your CXOs from cybersecurity missteps
Category : Check Point
Executives at the c-level are often targets for hackers because they are considered the big game in the hunt for digital assets. Adding to the problem is that executives often will prioritize convenience over their organizations’ own security policies.
In his article in CIO, Bob Violino outlines six key steps to keep leadership safe from hackers:
- Help executives understand that they are targets.
- Educate executives about the consequences of risk and ensure all threats are taken seriously.
- Emphasize smart and secure email use–a common channel for phishing attacks.
- Implement protections when leaders travel, especially abroad.
- Build the IT infrastructure around what needs to be protected, not who.
- Ensure ongoing training to instill continuous awareness of cybersecurity best practices.
Read the full story at CIO.